Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Art That Inspires Me

The Wedding at Cana



This piece inspires me because of the immense size; being the largest painting in the Louvre in Paris, France.  It is made up of smaller canvases of various sizes.  Besides its size I have a rather divine story to tell about it.  In July, I was at the Louvre and I proceed to take a picture of this painting, being famous for its size.  I was off to the side, so Jesus was not by any means in the center of the photo.  However, among any of the hundred people my camera could have focused on, it focused on Jesus, the little green brackets outlining his face.  It struck me as odd because in my viewfinder Jesus was in the corner and the camera would never focus on a being in the corner.... It could have been a coincidence, but it was so weird I noticed it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment